Respecting your privacy
Reduce Home Loans Pty Ltd ABN 54 133 596 111, Australian Credit Licence Number 388053 (Reduce) is committed to complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act). Reduce is a Mortgage Manager (as agent for Mortgage Ezy).
The Act allows for personal information, including ‘sensitive information’, ‘credit information’ and ‘credit eligibility information’ (which are defined in the Act) about you to be collected and disclosed provided we have obtained your consent. In this document, and where appropriate a reference to personal information includes ‘sensitive information’, ‘credit information’ and ‘credit eligibility information’.
ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
You may generally use the website without disclosing your identity to Reduce. However, if you use this website to:
- apply for a loan (whether or not you complete the Loan Application); or
- fill out an enquiry form or chat with a Reduce representative via the website,
you will not be able to stay anonymous. If you apply for a loan, you will need to supply Reduce identification information including (eventually) identification documentation to identify and verify your identify. This is as much for your protection is it is for Reduce apart from being a legal requirement.
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed to the user’s browser which passes it back to the server whenever a page is sent to the user or the user inputs information into a form or template from Reduce.
Reduce servers may generate cookies which are used to keep track of the pages users have accessed while using the website as well as any information the user inputs into any form or template.
The cookie allows, inter alia, users to page backwards and forwards through the website and return to pages they have already visited. The cookie also allows data to be inputted into a form or template and temporarily stored until the user chooses to save that form or template. Cookies generally remain on the user’s computer even after an internet session is ended and the computer rebooted. The cookie can be read by the server that placed it there during a subsequent visit to that same server. Their exact behavior is server specific.
When a user visits this website, Reduce’s server may also log certain information including the type of browser and operating system the user is using; the top level domain name (for example .com, .net, .au, etc); the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site visited); the server’s IP address; the date and time of visit, and the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded. This information is generally only for internal statistical analysis and system administration purposes.
A user of this website may apply for a loan (a Loan Application) via the Reduce loan portal (the Loan Portal). When a user accesses the Loan Portal, they may input information (including personal information) for the purposes of applying for a loan. The information they input into the portal is retained by Reduce through, including, session cookies (see section above). If a user inputs their contact information into the Loan Application but does not complete the Loan Application, a Reduce representative may contact the user (using the information supplied by the user) to find out whether there was any issues in completing the Loan Application and whether they can assist the user with their online Loan Application.
Reduce takes reasonable steps to protect all information (including any personal or sensitive information) which it holds, from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
MARKETING AND OPT-OUT
Reduce may also use information (including personal information) supplied for marketing and research purposes, to analyse and improve products and services and to inform you of products and services provided by Reduce, its related entities or preferred suppliers. You can ‘opt out’ of receiving marketing and advertising material if you tell Reduce that you do not wish to receive such material. Reduce will respond to your ‘opt-out’ request within a reasonable time frame in accordance with the Act.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless Reduce is entitled to withhold access to your personal information, you have the right to request access to any personal information held by Reduce which relates to you. Reduce may charge a reasonable fee where access to personal information is provided. Any requests for access to your personal information should be made in writing to the Privacy Officer (specified below). You also have the right to request the correction of any personal information which relates to you that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
The Privacy Officer
Reduce Home Loans Pty Ltd
Postal Address: PO Box 6990 GCMC QLD 9726
Tel: 1300 733 823
If you require any further information about its management of personal information you can contact Reduce’s Privacy Officer. If you have any queries or complaints regarding the Mortgage Ezy Group or a Credit Provider you should contact the relevant Privacy Officer for the relevant organisation (specified in the schedule below).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
APPLYING FOR A LOAN VIA THE LOAN PORTAL
The following sections address how Reduce collects, uses and discloses personal information in connection with any Loan Application via the Loan Portal.
How Information Is Collected From You
Reduce will, in relation to any Loan Application, collect personal information from you. Most personal information Reduce collects is collected from the Loan Application and supporting documentation supplied / to be supplied.
If your Loan Application is approved, Reduce will also collect personal information from the records it maintains about the products and services you receive. Reduce can check and verify that personal information from sources referred to in the Loan Application.
How Information Is Collected From Other Sources
Reduce collects personal information about you from other sources in any manner permitted by the Act. Reduce will only collect personal information from other sources where it is reasonably necessary to do so, in relation to your Loan Application, your loan and any guarantee, including to comply with Reduce’s responsible lending obligations under the National Consumer and Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth). Examples of such sources of personal information include:
- personal information (including commercial credit information concerning your credit history or worthiness, consumer information and collection of overdue payments information either within or outside of Australia) from a Credit Reporting Body for any purpose described below;
- personal information about your Loan Application, loan or a guarantee of the loan, from other organizations, such as other credit intermediaries and mortgage and title insurers;
- if Reduce is unable to contact you and it obtains publicly available personal information about you in order to update its records and contact details;
- checking property details, your offer of any security, through public registers or Reduce’s service providers including a Credit Reporting Body; or
- Reduce exchanges information with your legal, financial advisers or other representatives and advisors in relation to or in connection with your Loan Application, loan or a guarantee of the loan.
When The Law Authorises Or Requires Collection Of Information
There are laws that require Reduce to collect and disclose personal information about you. For example, Reduce is required to collect and disclose your personal information for assessment and verification under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and any rules, regulations or guidance notes made under or in connection with that Act (“AML/CTF Act”).
Reduce is entitled to request personal information from you in regards to compliance with the AML/CTF Act from you even if such information was previously sought and provided. You must comply with any request Reduce makes in this regard. If you do not provide the requested information Reduce may be required to take steps, including delaying or refusing the processing of any Loan Application or withdrawal or disclosing information that Reduce holds about you to its related bodies corporate, service providers or relevant government bodies and regulators including AUSTRAC. These steps will include having your identity information verified with the Issuer or Official Record Holder via the Credit Reporting Bodies systems for the purpose of verifying your identity.
How Your Information May Be Used
Reduce may collect and disclose your personal information for purposes including:
- supplying you with information about loan products or related services;
- considering whether you are eligible for a loan or any related service you requested or to provide a guarantee;
- processing the Loan Application and providing you with a loan or related service;
- administering your loan or any related service, for example, to answer requests or deal with complaints;
- identifying and verifying your identify;
- to run its business efficiently and to perform administrative and operational tasks;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by any law, regulation or code binding on us; and
- any purpose to which you have consented.
You can tell Reduce at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information or other offers from Reduce. Reduce will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable after receipt of the request.
Reduce may use personal information about you to:
- enable an insurer (which includes the Lenders Mortgage Insurers listed in the Schedule) to assess the risk of providing insurance;
- assess whether to accept a guarantor or the risk of a guarantor being unable to meet their obligations;
- consider hardship requests; and
- assess whether to securitise loans and to arrange securitising loans the lender makes.
What Happens If You Don’t Provide Information
If you don’t provide your personal information to Reduce, it is not be possible to:
- assist in finding a loan relevant to your needs and circumstances;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about products or services that might be suitable for your financial
Sharing Your Information
Reduce may use and share your personal information with other organisations for any purpose described in this policy.
Sharing with your representatives and referees
Reduce may share your personal information with:
- your representative or any person acting on your behalf (for example, lawyers, settlement agents, accountants or real estate agents); and
- your referees, like your employer, to confirm details about
Sharing with third parties
Reduce may share your personal information with third parties (including those parties identified in the Schedule) in relation to services it provides to you or services in which Reduce reasonably considers you may be interested. Those third parties may include:
- the Mortgage Ezy Group (refer to the schedule), through whom Reduce may submit the Loan Application to Credit Providers (refer to the schedule);
- the Credit Providers (refer to the schedule), lender’s mortgage insurers and other loan intermediaries;
- financial services suppliers with whom Reduce has arrangements;
- property valuers;
- organizations that assist Reduce to carry out identification / verification of identity checks;
- organisations, like fraud reporting agencies that may identify, investigate and/or prevent fraud, suspected fraud, crimes, suspected crimes, or other misconduct;
- government and regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law including, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, the Australian Financial Security Authority and AUSTRAC. These government or regulatory bodies may also share the information with relevant foreign authorities;
- service providers, agents, contractors and advisers that assist Reduce to conduct its business;
- guarantors and prospective guarantors of your loan;
- introducers / referrers that referred your business to us;
- any organisation that wishes to take an interest in its business or assets; and
- any third party to which you consent to Reduce sharing your
Sharing with Credit Providers
Sharing information with Credit Reporting Bodies
Reduce, the relevant Credit Provider and the Lenders Mortgage Insurer can give to and receive from a Credit Reporting Body (refer to the schedule) personal or commercial information about you including to allow a Credit Reporting Body to create or maintain a credit information file about you. The information may include:
- identification information including to have your identity information verified with the Issuer or Official Record Holder via the Credit Reporting Bodies systems for the purpose of verifying your identity;
- consumer credit liability information;
- repayment history information;
- a statement that an information request has been made in relation to you by Reduce, a Credit Provider or a Lenders Mortgage Insurer or trade insurer;
- the type of consumer credit or commercial credit, and the amount of credit, sought in an application that has been made by you, and in connection with which we have made an information request in relation to you, default information, payment information, new arrangement information, court proceedings information, personal insolvency information;
- publicly available information that relates to your activities in Australia or the external Territories and your credit worthiness and that is not court proceedings information about you or information about you that is entered or recorded on the National Personal Insolvency Index;
- in a Credit Provider’s opinion that you have committed, in circumstances specified by a Credit Provider, a serious credit infringement in relation to consumer credit provided by a Credit Provider to you.
A Credit Reporting Body may include information about you in reports that it gives other organisations (such as other credit providers and insurers) to help them assess your credit worthiness. In some cases a Credit Reporting Body may use your personal information for pre-screening your eligibility to receive direct marketing from us or other credit providers. If you do not want a Credit Reporting Body to do this contact the credit reporting body.
Some of the information held by a Credit Reporting Body may reflect adversely on your credit worthiness, for example, where you fail to make payments or if you commit a series credit infringement (like obtaining credit by deception / fraud). If information of this nature is held on your credit file then this will likely affect your ability to obtain credit from other credit providers.
Currently Reduce deals with the Credit Reporting Bodies disclosed in the Schedule. Each Credit Reporting Body also has a policy about how they handle information about you. You should be able to obtain a copy of their policy by contacting them directly.
Reduce will only share any credit information about you with a Credit Reporting Body if that body has a business operation in Australia and is unlikely to share credit eligibility information with organisations that do not have business operations in Australia.
If you believe that you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud (including identity fraud) you can request a Credit Reporting Body not to use or disclose the information they hold about you for a prescribed (current 21 day) period of time.
Sharing information with related companies
Reduce may share personal information about you with its related companies (including the Mortgage Ezy Group) for the purposes described above.
Sharing outside of Australia
Reduce may disclose your personal information to organisations overseas, most likely the Philippines. Reduce may store your personal information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held.
Reduce will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas organisation that receives your personal information will comply with the Act.
Information About Other People
If you give Reduce personal information about any other person in relation to the Loan Application:
- Reduce is entitled to assume that you have sought their consent to the disclosure of such personal information to Reduce;
- Reduce has collected their personal information to assess the Loan Application, to manage any loan and for any other purpose set out in this document;
- Reduce may exchange this personal information with other organisations set out in this policy;
- Reduce handles their personal information in the same way as set out in this policy and can:
- access or request a copy of this privacy notice; or
- access the information Reduce holds about them.
- Reduce may not be able to supply services and you may not be able to get a loan or Reduce may not accept your Loan Application unless Reduce obtains their personal information.
Credit, Credit Assistance Providers and other parties
Why choose Reduce?
COMPARE OUR HOME LOANS
Compare rates, features and fees across all our home loans in this easy table.